[Tango-L] Igor's Question: a woman's perspective

Lucia curvasreales at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Oct 5 12:58:26 EDT 2007

Achhh..  The pleasures of dancing with a weak man.....

Caroline Polack <runcarolinerun at hotmail.com> escribió:  Usually, I shy away from posting on Tango-L but what Tom Stermitz wrote
about equating masculinity to confidence was so bang on and astute that I
had to pipe in and say "yes! that's all one needs to find masculinity -
confidence."

My least favourite leaders are the tentative insecure ones. Their leading is
weak. Weak core, spaghetti arms, muddy cues, weak axis, weak balance, weak
grounding. They either are too weak or too aggressive in their leading, both
signs of lack of confidence.

So, essentially, weakness in leading is not masculine. Lack of confidence is
not masculine. Worse of all are leaders who can't stop apologizing. Please
just cut that out. A simple squeeze or stroke is more than apology enough.

Signed,

One who "has been to our sacred Buenos Aires and so therefore, "know" what
tango really is".