[Tango-L] The Jungle and Women's Tricky Tricks

Carol Shepherd arborlaw at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 10:28:35 EDT 2007

Hey, sometimes our feet *are* sore and we really need to rest!  Have you
ever worn tango shoes? ;)

This is a bigger problem in the tango world than in other dance styles,
because of the difference in customs.  In other dances I can say to the
guy "when I'm done resting, I'll come over and ask you."  Obviously in
tango this is mostly not done.

So, if you really *do* have sore feet, how do you reconnect without
violating the code?

Another problem -- I do want to dance with a guy, but not a milonga, I
would rather dance a tango.  I say, "Can we not dance to this, but dance
to a tango instead?"  They walk away, and don't come back, because they
feel rejected.  Can I go over to them and ask them to dance the tango?
I don't think so.  How can I reconnect in that situation as well.

Inquiring minds want to know.

PS - those who say you shouldn't dance after you have turned someone
down, are absolutely right.  It's very socially rude.  I think some
women are getting sloppy with this because of the tanda structure.
Turning down one dance means sitting out the rest of the whole tanda, so
they throw away the rule.  Too bad.

--
Carol Ruth Shepherd
Arborlaw PLC

protection  •  registration  •  liability  •  enforcement