[Tango-L] No Subject - stats/personal responsibility

Stephen.P.Brown@dal.frb.org Stephen.P.Brown at dal.frb.org
Fri Nov 30 11:39:31 EST 2007

I'm not claiming to have become the next Miguel Zotto, but I don't agree
with what seems to be a somewhat negative philosophy expressed in the
following comments:
>Welcome to a dance in which you'll never be fully satisfied
>with how you dance.  With time, you'll suck less and less.
>Just enjoy the process, which is much more important than
>the end result, anyway.  So what if you don't become the
>next Miguel Zotto.

Maybe I've misinterpreted what has been written?

A great curse of tango is the extent to which it lends itself to the
pursuit of ever greater levels of perfection.  As we learn something, our
knowledge often runs ahead of our skill, and recognition of that gap is
what impels us to go forward.  Those who focus on how far they have to go
to reach perfection and never look back at how far they have come can burn
out from frustration.

I find that tango has become much more enjoyable now that I am no longer
seeking perfection.

Steve (de Tejas)