[Tango-L] Style Wars: Truth and Truthiness

meaning of life kushi_bushi at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 22:42:09 EST 2007

the "kushi_bushi character" was merely trying to add that since dissenting points of view were almost instantly attacked with viciousness and vitriol, that people were hesitant to present dissent to the "group think" unless they were purposefully being combative (as opposed to presenting useful discourse and dialog).

further he was presenting that in the case that he was most familiar, there was quite a bit of back channel input (private) agreeing with the proposition that was contrary to the "group think". the magnitude of this back channel response indicates that people are "afraid" to present disenting views to the group publicly for "fear" of having the anger directed at them and their position (contrary to the "group").

both observations indicate that this forum, like most others is not "open", and is infact prone to "group think". therefore, the "truth" will not "emerge", and the "truthiness" will prevail.

The Tangonista
Sponsered by P.E.T.A. (People Expressing Tango Attitude)
NOTICE - no cats were injured in the making of our music