[Tango-L] Style Wars: Truth and Truthiness

meaning of life kushi_bushi at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:50:14 EST 2007

if you want to see how this forum deals with "information that contradicts its' views" go read the responses to queries about "close embrace", "whether tango music is uninspiring", or "if you dance tango to non tango music, is it still tango?". the reponses to these topics reminded me of the responses to non conformists in basic training (see boot party on wikipedia). from the condescending remarks to the pure vitriol, certainly, this forum is not open to contradicting viewpoints or even queries. interestingly, in my case, the non public responses where well constructed and quite helpful (even the ones that disagreed), indicating that people are "afraid" to contradict the group publicly.

The Tangonista
Sponsered by P.E.T.A. (People Expressing Tango Attitude)
NOTICE - no cats were injured in the making of our music