[Tango-L] Volcado demo and questions

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 05:45:49 EST 2007

--- Victor Bennetts <Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com> wrote:

> You need to move the
> follower's axis directly over the foot on which she has
> her weight so that you can feel the other foot is just
> off the ground. Then if you step away she has no choice
> but to lean - nothing else she can do.

Actually, she can also step forward.

> I find it is
> easiest to do this if you take a side step around the
> follower first in the same direction as the foot on which
> she has her weight forcing her to pivot on that foot.

I've found a diagonal backward step works best.

Bottom line, though, this is NOT a step one should be
experimenting with on your own.  Find a friend who knows
how to do it and have them physically there or else you
could hurt the woman's back, which any woman who has worked
on this can tell you.  And it's not fair for her to be
treated like a science project.

Trini de Pittsburgh

P.S.  Anne-Sophie was not aware of the video but would like
to be given the proper credit, which is Anne-Sophie Ville
and Pablo Fontana of Washington, DC.  Video was taken a
couple of years ago from the DC Marathon, which Anne-Sophie
organizes.

P.P.S.  At workshops we host, some visiting instructors who
have allowed videotaping reviews of workshops in the past
are no longer allowing it at all.  Unauthorized posting to
YouTube is one reason why.

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/