[Tango-L] favorite tango videos on line

Victor Bennetts Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com
Tue Nov 20 06:44:02 EST 2007

Here are some of my favourites and I base my selection on:
1. I have actually seen them dance in person which I think is worth a lot more than a youtube clip; and
2. they are also good teachers.
However I want to put a big caveat on this, because as I said before, the best social dancers don't post to
youtube as they don't perform and some of the best teachers, including the ones I have learnt the most from,
don't put up videos either as they don't aspire to be 'names'.

Hugo & Aurora
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XO-GS5O494
Not only great dancers, also really beautiful people with so much positive energy.

Fabian & Virginia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D0L-laFEok
Fabian took my musicality to a new level, and his turns are amazing.

Demian & Carolina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7YjFG9-U0k
Just all class. There is much better footage of these guys on the cita videos.

Gabriela & Eduardo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk3nFezA-3k
Gabriela is an excellent milonga teacher - a very rare breed indeed.

Another general comment I would make is that I find all videos of performances misleading.
Complicated stuff looks good in performance, but the best dancing is not complicated,
solo muy suave y dulce, che.

Victor Bennetts