[Tango-L] Smart tango consumers

Heather Whitehead heatherwhite3 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 00:38:07 EST 2007

I know it must be difficult to constantly try to find new ways to sell classes and workshops but when it comes to musicality we as consumers should be weary of language that treats the subject like a math equation. To over intellectualize is to tear the music apart. Deconstructing it from an academic perspective kills the essence of this beautiful music and promotes dancing from the neck up. You then create, at best, a kind of clever but soulless form that dances on top of the music merely illustrating how the music works. The best dancing doesn't come from following this path. The best dancers don't use this method but teachers will to sell another class with a title a mile long convincing you that they can unlock the secret.

Just something to think about the next time your subdividing your syncopation on the downside of the upside of the quicker slowbeat- in what timing? I forget.

Don't be so smart your stupid.

Cheers :)