[Tango-L] Denver Festival: Day 4 (with video)

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Mon May 28 01:53:26 EDT 2007

I don't usually look at videos of social tango but I've read a lot of posts about Denver, and I have some spare time on my hands, so I clicked on Miles' video. Looks kinda weird. Why is nobody moving around the floor? I checked a second time - everyone is dancing in place. That's how I dance Rumba, Cha Cha Cha, and Jive - but not Tango. Where's the ronda? Is that how you normally dance in Denver? Never seen that before. Personally, I like to move around the floor and I think everybody else should do the same. Like Igor said in a recent post, there's often a couple or 2 who stay in place for a while and block the ronda and they're a litte annoying. But in Miles' video, everybody is dancing in place and there's no ronda to block. Like I said - kinda weird - and I certainly don't like it.

Keith, HK

 On Mon May 28  7:26 , m i l e s  sent: