[Tango-L] to the Dancer and the Musician - Compasión

Duende de Tango duendedetango at mac.com
Wed May 23 20:03:40 EDT 2007

My good friends, where is the compassion? We need
discussion but with forgiveness, openness and
compassion.

Music is every bit a language as any other. The
lyrics are a form of communication, tonal
quality, the musical notes that make up the music
convey many things including emotion.

peace, and so it is,

El Duende

>  > Linda,
>>  D'Arinezo is simple !?
>>  Ok. Why not to play like D'Arienzo, then. If it is simple. Or it is so
>>  simple that our advanced musicians do not even bother to try. But as a test?
>>  Well, at dancing parties we want sometimes something simple. It goes in
>>  waves, you know..
>>  How about Firpo, Canaro, Ortiz, Orquesta Tipica Victor? Their groups, trios
>>  and quartets? No. You jump to Biagi. Ever seen a musician trying to play
>>  Chopin before a folk dance is mastered?
>>
>>  What is that pointed you in my message that I have limited knowledge about?
>>  You did not specify it, please, do! I never learned music theory, but so
>>  what?
>\
>so you tread where you do not know what you speak of. That makes a
>difference on your statements validity. You make SO many assumptions about
>what musicians think but, you know very little in the way of fact as to what
>we think or believe. Arrogance based in ignorance is very unimpressive.
>>
>>  "Simple" is not a name-calling. It is the basis. It takes the true
>>  understanding to make things simple. Mastering "simple" is a sign of
>>  maturity. My plea to play simple does not insult anyone, except those who
>>  deserve be insulted. If you are not able to play simple, you should not even
>>  try to play complex! Otherwise you do not understand what you are doing, and
>>  that is exactly what I am talking about.
>\
>That is the ONLY thing you've said that made sense and had some validity.
>Sometimes simplicity is sublime.
>>
>>  Biagi style is based on older, more traditional tango. How can you possibly
>>  study and make conclusions about Biagi, if you do not know the basis Biagi
>>  stand upon? You must understand that Biagi's audience was savvy, and the
>>  goals of Biagi was to play music and impress those who knew older staff
>>  already. That is how I understand it.
>
>By the way the word is 'stuff' not staff.
>>
>>  With modern technology you have way more music examples, material to study
>>  than any of musicians of the past. Use it!
>>
>>  I do not know the group you was talking about, but I know that there are
>>  good musicians trying to play good tangos. For example, San Francisco's
>>  Tango No 9 is very good. They play in many styles and very rhythmically and
>>  danceably correct. And they can play Piazzolla too. My greatest respect to
>>  those who play right tangos for us !!!
>\
>The respect should be for the attempt and then you help nurture. Arrogance
>doe snot nurture.
>>

>>  Igor Polk.
>>  PS,
>>  Aj, there is NO ONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD WHO KNOWS HOW TO PLAY TANGO LIKE IN
>>  OLD TIMES !
>>  There is no one to take advice from.
>>  There is only one source of knowledge - CDs with old records.
>>
>>  And THAT IS GOOD ! It puts everyone in the world on the same starting line !
> [...]

Costa rica

©2004, por Duende de Tango, viviendo en el paraíso,
todos de los derechos reservados del mundo

Rich coast,
of flowers and dreams,
dancing nights,
and candle lights.