[Tango-L] North American tango orchestras/bands

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Wed May 23 17:37:00 EDT 2007

AJ Azure <azure.music at verizon.net> :

> Do dancers understand music making EVEN if you can't?

They certainly do understand whether the music making is up to the
requirements of dancers. Who could possibly be considered a better judge?

> My point is have some respect!

I have respect for would-be tango musicians, but no more than is due. I'm
sorry that apparently falls well short of what you think is deserved.

> perhaps learning better communication skills so musicians can learn what
> dancers want might go further in your attempts to get what you want.

Dancers communicate by dancing - or not. Musicians simply need to take note.

And if help is needed, just look to the many existing expert music
providers - DJs. Given what a great job many of them do, even though as
you said "a DJ doesn't have a musical education", it can't be /that/ hard,
can it? ;)

--
Chris