[Tango-L] North American tango orchestras/bands

burak ozkosem buraktango at gmail.com
Fri May 18 20:46:41 EDT 2007

Duo Folias (w/ Avik Basu on Bandoneon) Grand Rapids, MI
Alma De Tango Chicago,IL
Tiempo Tango Chicago,IL
Glover Gill's,GloverTango & Tosca String Quartet, Houston, TX

Hopefully the number of Tango bands will increase exponentially in near
future via increasing supports from Tango organizers in their local
communities.

Some might get upset but I'd rather buy Tango Album of a musician who is
alive, because these musicians will determine the future of Tango Music.
Therefore,  i would suggest  instructors  to create awareness about  "fresh
tango music" among their students.Then dancers will start buying these
albums, and they will start asking Djs if they can play some songs. So, this
would- hopefully- trigger Dj to look for new music choices addition to
golden tunes that every dj play. Of course this chain reaction would create
a new market for tango musicians who makes music for dancing as well.

Sorin, I'm looking forward to hear more about survey.

Burak
Chicago
www.tangoeclectique.com