[Tango-L] Tango Teaching

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Wed May 9 22:53:00 EDT 2007

> May I suggest that you invest in a simple logic textbook?
> I have discussed tango pedagogy with a statistically significant
> number of US teachers

Ah, a sample heavily biased towards those who discuss it...

Sean, may I suggest you invest in a simple statistics textbook? ;)

>>> or Brits are less savy consumers than Yanks.

Well, certainly it is the less savvy Brits who are consuming the classes.
The more savvy prefer to spend their tango time in milongas.

However I accept things are different on your side of the pond. For
example I see your current Pittsburgh tango society agenda offers about 20
classes and 1 milonga. Clearly over there class consumption is all the rage.

I wonder what you'd make of the scene here in Europe Sean. One day I'd
like to take you to the half-dozen most popular milongas in one of our
tango capitals. The number of them that run tango classes is... zero.

Chris