[Tango-L] Tango is not a pose

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Mon May 7 18:40:10 EDT 2007

There are actually pauses in the music in case you might not have
noticed.  There actually places in the music where one is supposed to
pause and dance in place.  Tango is not an Olympic marathon where you
try to do as many steps as possible.

The best milongueros will tell you that in the set of 4 you should only
be able to go around the floor once.  If the man can meet the woman and
say good bye to her in the same place, it is considered a compliment.
Once a student of mine told another student that she did not like the
classes with my former partner because he always stops when he dances
with her.  The other student told her that was because the music was
pausing and so was he.  Her answer "I don't want to stop.  I want to
keep dancing."

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (3.1.0.17 - 9.075.004).
http://www.pctools.com/anti-virus/