[Tango-L] Premier of a new tango trio

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 16:24:56 EDT 2007

Last night I saw the premier of a new tango trio, Step, at
Pittsburgh’s new weekly milonga, Tango Barrio.  Directed by
Jeremy Sment, formerly of Tangueros de Ley, this band of
violin, bass, and accordion performed 2 hours of mostly
traditional pieces, a couple of new tangos by Jeremy, and
one Piazzolla piece.  They also used a tanda format, though
without cortinas.  Nice variations on classics that kept
the pieces interesting but very danceable.

Given the recent posts about orchestras, I wanted to share
news of this new group.  Jeremy was also very receptive to
my feedback (one milonga had too many rhythm changes, one
new piece was a little off, and one new compositions should
have been moved to the second set).  Only 3 minor errors in
their first gig for tango dancers.

Jeremy formed this band to concentrate on music for dancers
and I have to say it was a big success.  I am looking
forward to dancing with them again.  And, yes, I would hire
them for my own milonga here.  Anyone interested in Step
can contact Jeremy at Jeremy at jeremysment.com.

ABOUT TANGO BARRIO

Tango Barrio is the new weekly milonga in Pittsburgh on
Wednesdays, 9pm-12:30am with a lesson from 8-9pm.  Hosting,
teaching, and deejaying are shared by all of the tango
groups in the community.  I am the coordinator.  No charge.
 Everyone is welcome.