[Tango-L] Goodbye bs as rentals...welcome Color Tango

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed May 2 10:14:42 EDT 2007

dear friends
I will make no  more comments about economic in bs as, carol shepherd is right , market prices are
what they are , foreign tourists are not kidos, so each one will find what is good for him/her without previous advice.

Sticking to tango essentials, yesterday we went to confiteria ideal , since Color Tango from Roberto Alvarez is playing his last performances before going in a two months tour abroad.

It has been some time since I listened live to them, I do have their CDs, but is not the same. The group stand with Roberto Alvarez as director and anchor bandoneon , another bandoneon, Hernan Bartolozzi, Diego Lerendegi in viola, Fernando Rodriguez in violin , that has , has re entered to the orchestra in 2006, he was one of the "historic" members, and is playing as well as ever.
Gustavo Hunt at keyboard, Analia Goldberg in piano. And Manuel Gomez in counterbass.

The orchestra has a new singer, Roberto Decarre , he is very young , but  he has been singing since he as 9 years old, so his performance is good.

The sound system at Confiteria Ideal is not the best for voices ( output for live orchestra is reasonable however )

I was a bit surprised to listen some of the themes, since they were not Pugliese brand .

The orchestra started with an excellent "A Evaristo Carriego", but then played Primavera porteña from Piazzolla , and then La guitarrita from Arolas, arranged by Maestro Alvarez.

Also three themes that were made by the members of the orchestra, one from Analia Goldberg, Oxidado,  another from Diego Lerendegui , Estacion Paternal  , and a new one from Maestro Alvarez, an arrangement of a tango made by a person from Chacabuco, the home town of the Maestro,  "A Quinquela" , referred to argentine painter Quinquela Martin

The orchestra close the show with a couple of dancers, that made a good dancing for Recuerdo ( in muy humble opinion, the best tango that Don Osvaldo Pugliese wrote) , and then a milonga , quite fresh and with humour .

Last  theme was Emancipacion, and a bonus theme asked by the dancers, Uno, with the singing of Roberto Decarre.

I think this will be more or less, the performance that they will bring abroad, the musicians sound very good altogether , and they look happy and peaceful , is a good companion of their spirits for this long journey they will soon begun.
One of the reasons that violinist Fernando Rodriguez  gave to leave the orchestra in 1995, was that he wanted to stay with his newborn baby . Now that the baby has grown, and that the violinist that replace Rodriguez left the group, it was fantastic to have him again , we have to wait and listen to the new CD that soon the orchestra will release.

warm regards
alberto

p.s. cost of entrance was 20 pesos :) A bargain for this quality show :)

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas