[Tango-L] Free Vintage Tango Sheetmusic Screensaver & Mandrágora Tango Orchestra Tour Dates

Barnes, Bob BBarnes at mpr.org
Tue May 1 10:44:04 EDT 2007

Hi-

My name is Bob Barnes and I'm the Bandoneonst/Accordionist/Bandleader of Mandrágora Tango in Minneapolis.  We are about to make our first tour outside of Minnesota and we wanted to let everone know that we're coming.  We realize that Tango-L is not the place to annouce tour dates, so I'm going to also use this email to give away our "Vintage Tango Music Screensaver".  I've put together a screensaver from 50 sheetmusic covers.  (For the first half of the last century, tango music was distributed in sheet msuic form almost as much as on 78 prm records.  These are the fantastic covers from those pages).

http://www.mandragoratango.com/archives/2006/12/free_tango_shee.html  (You can preview the images here: http://www.mandragoratango.com/images/New/Good%20Sheetmusic%20Covers/)

You can also poke arround our newly improved website at: http://www.mandragoratango.com/.  You can hear our music, download sheet music and even listen to long playlists of classic tango, milonga and vals: http://www.mandragoratango.com/blog.php

Anyway, if you are close to any of the following cities, why don't you come out and dance with us?

    Madison, WI, May 2,  8:30-11:30, Resturant Magnus (120 East Wilson: http://www.restaurantmagnus.com/ <http://www.restaurantmagnus.com/> )
    Chicago, IL, May 3, 9-11, Cafe Duvall (2257 W. 23rd. Place: http://www.cafeduvallchicago.com/ <http://www.cafeduvallchicago.com/> )
    Rochester, NY, May 4, 9-11, Tango Cafe Dance Studio (389 Gregory: http://www.tangocafedance.com/studio/ <http://www.tangocafedance.com/studio/> )
    Boston, MA, May 5, 9-2, Tango Paradiso (http://www.daylightpix.com/tangoparadiso.html <http://www.daylightpix.com/tangoparadiso.html> )