[Tango-L] Attending a lesson above your dancing skills

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Tue Mar 27 22:38:16 EDT 2007

Sergio wrote:

>This is a typical example of a lesson programmed for advanced dancers which
>is filled with students of lower skill levels.
>
>When faced with this situation one can
>
>1) adjust the teaching to a lower level. The advanced students are
>shortchanged.
>
>2) Give an advanced lesson as scheduled. Most students can not follow.
>
>3) Remind everybody that the lesson is for advanced students and ask those
>that do not belong there to leave before the lesson starts. Many people and
>the organizers get upset.
>
>Sergio

Those are the teacher's options. The student can also decide to:

1. Realise he made a mistake and leave the class [I've done this at a
Raul Bravo class].

2. Realise he made a mistake, but do the best he can without disturbing the
more advanced students [I've done this at a Gustavo Naveira class].

3. Accept no responsibility and just blame the teacher.

Seems Chris chose to do the latter.

Keith, HK