[Tango-L] Attending a lesson above your dancing skills

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Tue Mar 27 21:17:56 EDT 2007

Nina Pesochinsky  nina at earthnet.net wrote
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Attending a lesson above your dancing skills

Hello, Dancers,

Not only do the teachers have to know how to teach, meaning speak many
different "languages" of sharing the dance, but the students have to
know how to take a dance class.

I find this to be one of the biggest deficiencies of social dance
students - they do not know how to "take" a dance class.
I came across this quote (without verifying its authenticity):

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."
-- Epictetus

I'll leave it to the list to determine if it's applicable.

Michael
Washington, DC
Flying Thursday to the Atlanta Tango Festival