[Tango-L] Teacher and dancer are different things

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Tue Mar 27 16:31:04 EDT 2007

I am sure everyone here would agree that skill of a teacher is a special
thing.
The best teachers are those that have this skill and teaching talent.

It brings me to a conclusion that the best dancers and the best teachers are
not necessarily united in one person.

Yes, there are great teachers who are not great dancers, and there are great
dancers who have no idea how to teach.

Who is better to learn from? I am sure the "teachers" are very useful,
especially at the beginning and intermediate levels.
But if you really want to learn how to dance ( not how to teach ) one should
head for the BEST DANCERS. Taking abuse form them, learning how to learn
from them ( like Nina said ) and so on.

To my pleasure there are such people who can dance great and teach great.
Thanks God for that!

Igor Polk
PS. Good luck in recognizing the best dancers. Unfortunately, it becomes
clear only when one becomes a good dancer himself.
PPS. "The best teacher for you is yourself".