[Tango-L] Chris UK Comparing tango gods to mortal teachers

Nussbaum, Martin mnussbau at law.nyc.gov
Mon Mar 26 14:56:28 EDT 2007

Chris, UK wrote about Gavito and Gustavo Naveira as examples of
effective male teachers.  Those two Tango Gods have been the maestros at
conveying, respectively, the heart and mind of tango over the last 20
years.  No other male teachers compare, let alone female teachers.  That
being said, and my opinion is of course highly subjective, there are two
incredible female teachers in the NYC metro region whom I believe are
very strong at conveying the argentine feel of lead, both of whom
studied with the above mentioned gods.  So I disagree with whoever
thinks a woman can't do it.   I will not state publicly on this list who
they are, as I want to be apolitical and on good terms with all who I
study with,  but if you ask me at a milonga ..
-Martin