[Tango-L] Tourists & Janis - another perspective

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Mon Mar 19 04:56:06 EDT 2007

I've NEVER been to BA. I know when I go to the Mecca of Tango, I'll be nervous. The milonga  customs are different than in the States. I don't want to deliver a self-inflicted wound by violating the code, especially after flying 10 hours and 2 time zones. For those who have been to BA, you know the customs. I can only guess that at some milongas, the codes are strictly followed and others not strictly followed. My teacher told me "getting the first tanda is difficult."

I agree with the person who wrote  "When in Argentina, do as the Argentines." Everybody sees life based on their experience. I read Janis's post as good advice, not as absolutes.

Michael
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango
Looking forward to my FREE T shirt from the Atlanta Tango Festival