[Tango-L] Giros

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Fri Mar 16 18:31:21 EDT 2007

I will make sure to tell all the teachers here in Buenos Aires they
should not be teaching only giros, that they should be teaching women
molinetes.  Oh yes, and then they should probably teach the 8 count
basic too.

You can call your steps whatever you want in your community.  I could
care less.  But here in Buenos Aires they teach giros.  Plain and
simple.  The word giro comes from the verb girar which means to turn.
Giros are turns.  The teachers here do not get wrapped in in over
analyzing, tagging names, numbers, and formulas for teaching.  They
simply teach - the caminata (the walk) ochos, and giros.  This is the
basis of all tango, along with postura (posture) equilibrio (balance)
and equis. (axis) Unless of course you prefer to take from someone who
is teaching you patterns then you can have all sorts of fancy names for
your money.

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (3.1.0.10 - 9.066.007).
http://www.pctools.com/anti-virus/