[Tango-L] CITA begins in BsAs

Robin Tara rtara at maine.rr.com
Thu Mar 15 08:07:42 EDT 2007

I'm 60 years old. I've never been to CITA. I have danced in Buenos Aires for
14 years on trips lasting from between 10 days to 3 months. I went on
Trenner tours in the 90's and since then have traveled here alone.

For all the grown-up women who want to come here I offer some thoughts:

1. Festivals are about more than classes.

2. You learn what you're willing to embrace - through all your experiences.

3. You get out what you put in. That's true of any activity, of course.

4. The milongas differ from night to night depending mostly upon your own
mindset.

So -

5. Be nice.

6. Wear lipstick

7. Wear shoes that are comfortable

8. Put in your time

9. Go to afternoon milongas

But -

10. If all you want to do is to dance every tanda, hire a taxi dancer.

Besos de Buenos Aires,

Robin Tara

TangoMina/TaraShoes
486 Riobamba - piso 10