[Tango-L] Best teacher is yourself!

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Wed Mar 14 23:58:03 EDT 2007

Of course, whether it be an experienced dancer or experienced teacher, a
lady can learn a lot from him. Some dancers are much better than many
teachers though.
Please, understand me correctly, I am for learning... And all teachers are
useful in some way as well as dancing with many dancers is useful in some
way.

But if she herself has not set up her mind to learn and to improve - nobody
will really able to help. The best teacher for anyone is herself! Be willing
to learn! Know how to learn!
And if she is not a teacher for herself yet - she will continue to dance
with mediocre dancers and waste money with mediocre teachers unless she has
a talent she was born with and an experienced leader put an eye on her as
his potential partner.

Many advanced dancers give lessons. Directly or indirectly. Some are growing
their own partners like a gardener grows a very valuable orchid.

Igor Polk