[Tango-L] Canyengue in Tubatango

romerob@telusplanet.net romerob at telusplanet.net
Wed Mar 14 13:45:11 EDT 2007

I find very interesting the subject of Canyengue either as music or dance
style. For those of you who might be wondering where to obtain tango music
specific with canyengue rhythm. I suggest to listen to the Tubantango
orchestra from 1990. The Tubatango uses the Tuba instead of the Double Bass.
The Double Bass in tango groups with canyengue rhythm was/is given more
preeminance than other instruments. It is easier to follow the Tuba
particpation in the music as with the Tubatango's tango music.

Cheers,

Bruno