[Tango-L] Didint we go through this last year (spammers?)

David Hodgson DHodgson at TangoLabyrinth.com
Fri Mar 9 00:36:12 EST 2007

Ok, I know this is a scam. Being an optimist there is a thin thread of
possibility. But everything says scam, so why waste my time and energy.
A couple of other things, I work in IT and do desktop support for major
corporations. I was also a collection agent in one life time (no throwing
pointed object please, this is why I am in the IT field).

It is true, one usually needs more than just a bank account number to drain
funds. But with a little research, time, energy and know how. It is possible
to do.

CCBill I believe is a 3rd party billing company. Say for instance a porn
company is charging someone for their services. The porn company will
usually go through a 3rd party billing service for pretty obvious reasons.
This is the same thing as someone doing a transaction on EBay and using
Paypal for the financial transaction.

Astrid;
If I may give an example; because this is a common occurrence.
Usually you call CCbill, let them know you did not authorize access to the
services. DO NOT get in sensed at the person on the other end of the phone,
email, etc. that you would never have ever gone to the site or not, they
don't care and the poor sod on the other end of the line usually get
screamed at several times a day.
This may be an annoyance, but it is simple straight forward business. Tell
them you did not authorize the transaction (they will want to verify who
they are talking with). The original company (shemale.. In this case) should
know when the account that was created was accessed and where the account
was accessed from (IP address). If you tell them you are living in Japan,
they can usually put two and two together and should credit your account
back to the account the funds originally came from. Most will usually credit
back 3 months (any longer, you have not been keeping track of your
finances). If you need, you can always file an affidavit of forgery with
your bank and they can talk to the billing company. Your bank should not
charge for this service also.
I am not sure what type of bank the card that was used is attached to (US,
Japanese, Etc). But you might want to talk to your bank, let them know and
have them issue a new card to you. If things get more complex talk to your
banks fraud dept. There are other things one can do, but this is as far as I
am going.

This is one of the realities of the world we live in unfortunately.

Note: I am not a trained Legal counsel or a professional in the banking/
financial industry. The examples I gave are a few simple suggestions for
working with a common problem with in the US.

As a side note, you might also want to contact the local shaman and see if
they can put some kind of spell together to send gnomes after the offender
who used your card in the first place, to manipulate their genitals (gnomes
are a grouchy bunch).

Not sure if you have closed the matter, but I hope this information is of
help.

David~