[Tango-L] Sergio Natario and Alejandra

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Wed Mar 7 19:27:08 EST 2007

 Sergio passes my criteria of a great dancer
> and teacher because he dances with people other than his partner, not only
> in class but at milongas.

You seem very easy to please, Lois. In my opinion in a good lesson it is
often a necessity "to dance with people other than his partner" if a man is
trying to teach. And the people other than his partner usually include the
men as well. Dancing with other people in milongas may mean that he is
friendly, but in my observation usually the main motive is fishing for
(private) lessons. It has nothing to do with whether someone is a great
dancer. It does facilitate teaching, though, but should be regarded as a
fairly basic requirement, not as something outstanding.

Astrid