[Tango-L] Milonga Reviews

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Sun Mar 4 01:00:05 EST 2007

Jay,

I agree with you, but although Villa Malcolm is listed as a Practica, its timing on Fridays is
from 11.00pm to 3.00am. That's not a time that most people want to practice and it's generally
treated more as a milonga.

Keith

On Sun Mar  4  5:09 , Jay Rabe  sent:

>Chris,
>     I certainly did not say nor imply the connotation you applied, namely that they "prefer(ed)
to practice dancing of a lower standard."

>     Frankly, I don't understand your confusion. Perhaps you don't do practicas where you live.
But here at least, a practica is usually used to study step pattern options, dynamics, momentum,
etc, and connection between partners is low on the priority list. Also it is accepted protocol
that the rule to keep things moving in line-of-dance is not followed at practicas. It's explicitly
OK to stand in one place and work out a step.

>> Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 19:20:00 +0000> From: tl2 at chrisjj.com> To: Tango-L at mit.edu> CC:
tl2 at chrisjj.com> Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Milonga Reviews> > Jay wrote:> > > I thought the Villa
Malcolm evenings were practicas. Floorcraft and > > dancing and connection standards would
understandably be poor as > > compared to a milonga... > > Uh, why's that then? Is there some
reason why these people prefer to > practice dancing of a lower standard?> > Chris>
_______________________________________________> Tango-L mailing list> Tango-L at mit.edu>