[Tango-L] Mens group practice

Jake Spatz (TangoDC.com) spatz at tangoDC.com
Fri Jun 29 02:26:57 EDT 2007

Hi Mash,

If your walk sucks, just try grounding (press the floor w/ yr foot)
before you move. I mean well before, as on the "half-beat." That's all
you really need.

As for dude-on-dude work-- just do whatever. It doesn't have to have a
website or anything. Just get men working together, and as the
camraderie grows, the move-stealing will develop of its own accord.

I danced a "cologne tanda" tonight, switching roles b/w songs, then
swapping a few times during one song. The only trick to that is
negotiating the swap: the fella who's Gonna lead has to do it. You can't
"commence" following.

And don't wait to "see if it exists" in London. Just go do the damn
thing. Invite some guys over for an hour or so before you hit a milonga
together. Get some beer for it. There's really no mystery.

Spatz
DC