[Tango-L] ATOF: uncensored tango discussion group

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 07:50:15 EDT 2007

Many of you probably know about the Argentine Tango Open Forum, a Yahoo group:

The group description on the home page is:

The Argentine Tango Open Forum is an international mailing list.
The list is uncensored and members may freely post messages
on any subjects related to Argentine Tango, including its preservation,
promotion, awareness and announcements of any Tango activities
around the world.

Well, it may come as a surprise to some of you that this list is
indeed censored:

Hello,

Your message to the argentine-tango group was not approved.
The owner of the group controls the content posted to it and has the
right to approve or reject messages accordingly.

In this case, your message was automatically rejected because the
moderator didn't approve it within 14 days. We do this to provide a
high quality of service for our users.