[Tango-L] Videos of Dancing at Milongas

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:06:01 EDT 2007

Hi Jay,

That particular milonga is the biggest one for the Tangomagia festival in
Amsterdam. That place is huge and one of the times when we were there, there
were almost 1000 people dancing tango! The DJ was El Pajaro and the live
music was by Color Tango.... Nice, very nice. The level of dancing varied
quite a bit with enough NYC type dancers to keep you on your toes (pardon
the pun). Of course, there were hundreds of excellent dancers too. I enjoyed
myself immensely. Very nice and special occasion.

Personally, I think that many milongas in the US are quite as enjoyable as
that huge milonga as far as the general level of dancing. The biggest
difference is one of scale and of course the fabulous venue. Also, the
Europeans are culturally different from the Americans and that gives those
events a different flavor. Also, the huge variety of people is very
interesting. Holland appears to be some kind of tango magnet during these
events in Amsterdam and El Corte in Nijmegen is also very popular and very
well attended. They have events practically every week ;-)

Manuel

visit our webpage
www.tango-rio.com