[Tango-L] Videos of Dancing at Milongas

'Mash mashdot at toshine.net
Thu Jun 21 08:32:44 EDT 2007

Can I ask honestly why it offends people to be filmed?
I am not quite understanding this invasion of privacy issue. What is it about being filmed dancing that is offensive. You are surrounded by people who are all dancing or sitting and watching you. Why is it different if the person didn't come to the actual event but sits and watches you anyway? I can understand that being put on Youtube you subject yourself to a barrage of comment flogging but to be honest is it not our problem if we feel insulted by the comments of someone we don't even know. I agree that if the video is a poor representation of an event, it is unwise to post it as it reflects negatively on the event organizer. But general videos of people dancing, of the unnamed sort can't hurt anyone can they?

Maybe I am being naive and also have a skew understanding of privacy. (I live in London so am constantly on CCTV)

I just don't see why it is such a big issue, if anything I would appreciate being filmed once in a while, I could use as a learning tool.

'Mash
London, UK