[Tango-L] Practice can be a waste too.

Bruno Afonso bafonso at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 17:11:15 EDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Igor Polk <ipolk at virtuar.com> wrote:

> Don't you think that more practicing to obtain simplicity can be waste too?
> When you get advanced haven't you regret about stupid things you so
> mindlessly dedicated your time, money and energy for?

You need to re-read what I wrote until you understand why what you are
asking me on your first sentence doesn't make sense.

Your last comment is a typical catch-22. You need to become
experienced to understand what you did wrong/overload. The thing is:
you actually had to do it to get where you are. Teachers/mentors can
help you with this, but not entirely avoid it. Or you could learn
tango by reading a book. And you can't, right?

I don't preach practice until you pass out or anything like that...
each person practices how much she wants and feels like. Some people
may even take an enormous joy in practicing that much... but I do
believe that you will never become a good dancer without
practice/dancing.

--
Bruno Afonso
http://brunoafonso.com (personal, mostly portuguese)