[Tango-L] Effective Practice

Huck Kennedy huck at eninet.eas.asu.edu
Mon Jul 30 20:48:32 EDT 2007

Keith HK writes:
> Chris, UK doesn't want girls to take classes, he doesn't
> want them to practice and he doesn't want them to improve.
> Why? Because then the girls have to be dependant on men
> like Chris to show them how to dance.  We see it all the
> time--men who grab a beginner and show the girls a few
> moves to demonstrate how clever they are. Of course, it's
> pathetic. But I guess that's how Chris gets his kicks.

     And I guess you get your kicks building silly
strawmen and then bravely slaying them.

     Let me see if I've got this straight.  Chris
rails against the whole concept of teaching, so
you accuse him of being one of those rude idiots
who grab beginners and teach them on the floor.
Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense--not.

     If there is genuine disagreement on the subject
of teaching and practice, it seems to me you should be
able to find plenty of stuff to take issue with from
what Chris actually writes without having to resort to
making slanderous idle speculation about the guy.

Huck