[Tango-L] Women's role - what teacher is better for advanced ladies.

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Fri Jul 27 18:55:34 EDT 2007

Trini:

"It takes a partner she can trust, someone who won't laugh
at her or be mad that she interrupted his step. "

Igor:

Yes, it is possible to use a partner like that, but it is not enough. He
should have a high dancing power exceeding or at least on the level she
wants to achieve.

Have I mentioned technical training when I was talking about training for
advanced level?
Absolutely not ! Technique - is an intermediate level.

Creativity, ability to build the dance ( and Tango dance in particular ),
ultimate feel of the partner, ability to lead back, ability to dance in
various styles to be able to fit precisely to music whatever it is,
developing beautiful and meaningful movements ( it alone take years ),
developing her own style, charm of the movements, and much more I can not
even imagine now.
Some women have it before starting tango dance ( all of them, actually ),
but then they meet the need to meet a matching partner of great dancing
power..

Igor Polk