[Tango-L] Women's (i.e. follower's) Role

rhink2@netscape.net rhink2 at netscape.net
Fri Jul 27 11:30:17 EDT 2007

Unlike other dance forms where the 2 partners share co-equal roles in shaping the choreography, in A.
tango, I believe, the leader really does have more control (and more responsibility) in making the dance
fit the music.? The metaphor I use is of a couple out for a drive. The leader is driving, and the follower
is pointing out scenery.? Indeed, that's why they call those moves, at which many followers
excel, embellishments.

But imagine tango without embellishments.? It would be like eating steak without seasoning. Moreover speaking for myself, I can always use a little inspiration when dancing.? I think good followers suggest things that make a dance worth dancing.

Bob
San Francisco