[Tango-L] Woman's Left Arm Position

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Fri Jul 27 07:46:00 EDT 2007

Keith wrote:

> Javier is brilliant. But now, many of the  girls are imitating Andrea_s
> left arm position

The same thing happened after her last visit to Paris.Good thing is, the
effect didn't stick - once she'd left, the students returned to normal.
Perhaps because Paris has little of the resident teacher problem you cite.

> I find this position very uncomfortable, .... I also don_t
> understand its purpose as it also looks uncomfortable for the girl

Whenever I've seen Andrea dance socially (e.g. during the years she based
her dance school in London), it was with a more regular embrace. Somewhat
like this:

 http://videos.tango.info/?vsrc=youtube/LmP3wRFbPcA

Different guy, mind.

--