[Tango-L] Women's role

tangosmith@cox.net tangosmith at cox.net
Thu Jul 26 15:12:55 EDT 2007

Carol,
Yes, the method you cited is used often for technique and I agree it can be
helpful.  But what I've found most interesting about this thread (thanks
Razorgirl, Nina, et.al.) is that it focuses on roles, not technique.
There is usually a tendency to discuss techniques ad nauseam here.  It is
much easier to teach/learn techniques than roles.

On the importance of roles, Jake, who is very often capable of expounding
on technique far beyond the limit of my attention span, made one of his
usual astute observations when he said:  These are perhaps illusions or
ideals, but we cannot dance well without them.

W. B. Smith