[Tango-L] Women's role

ceverett@ceverett.com ceverett at ceverett.com
Wed Jul 25 17:54:37 EDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:05:22 -0600, "Nina Pesochinsky"
<nina at earthnet.net> said:
> On another note, men being the predators and women the prey is
> simplistic.  Women want to be pursued and ultimately caught, but the
> manner in which this happens makes or breaks the deal.  Women want to
> be hunted, if you wish, but "just so".  So if the hunter is to be
> successful, he will develop his skills in a way that his conquest
> will be successful.  Pure force does not work.  That is what
> seduction is all about - everywhere - in tango and in life.

There's a young woman in our tango community with tatoos in the shape
of the sound holes in a violin high up on her back between the level
of her navel and her solar plexus.  Not the usual stereotype at all.

I find the symbolism fascinating.  I'm resisting the impulse to slip
into pedant mode and analyse it from the view of chakras and higher
vibrations and musical instruments and all, but I will say that I
find myself automatically wanting to dance with the utmost finesse
I possess when I work with her in class.

It's as if she's saying, "OK, I'm here to be played, but you better
do it with the seriousness and skill I deserve".

Christopher