[Tango-L] Flaming women at classes

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Tue Jul 24 21:34:00 EDT 2007

Trini wrote
> she's likely to be lead into stuff like boleos or ganchos or paradas
> before she is even taught those elements in class.

Well yes, especially if she doesn't do classes. So what's the problem?

> when Sean & I finally teach some of those things in a class setting,
> we have to teach the women what is NOT a gancho or boleo or whatever.

Ah, I get it. The problem is she didn't learn these steps from you.

Trini, that's /your/ problem. Trying to make it hers does not help.

> Since the pressure for women is to move and do the step, they tend to
> anticipate.

Good leaders do not pressure women to "move and do the step". Such
pressure comes only from bad teachers and bad leaders. Good leaders make
the dance out of whatever she can do naturally and comfortably.

Instead of trying to fix the girl, you could ask yourself where these bad
leaders learned their bad leading.

--
Chris