[Tango-L] variable embrace

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Tue Jul 24 13:16:35 EDT 2007

Carol Ruth said: "close embrace to me pretty much means variable embrace."
( and it is probably not her words )

Carol,

In my experience, everyone talking about "variable embrace " have no idea
what close embrace is.

Close Embrace is definitely NOT variable embrace.

Those who say so are trying to disguise their un-ability to perform certain
elements and figures in close embrace whatever their names are.

But variable embrace exists. And it is only for those who mastered all types
of embrace: open and close with all their variations.

To me, the best example of "variable" embrace mastery is Orlando Paiva and
his students. What magical moves they have!

Igor Polk