[Tango-L] Pupi Castello passes away....

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 18:05:25 EDT 2007

Dear tango friends,

I just read this in a local NO forum. It's a note from Alberto Paz and
Valorie Hart. It's with great sadness I quote this to all of you:

Dear friends,

Pupi Castello passed away surrounded by family and friends at 8:30 AM
this morning Buenos Aires time.

Another giant of the Argentine tango has left us, and we mourn, we
grief but also rejoice celebrating the life of a man who gave luster
and class to the word 'milonguero.'

Pupi's prime disciple, partner and friend Graciela Gonzalez was at
his bedside hours after she returned to Buenos Aires. After a long
night, Ernesto Norberto Castello, known by all as Pupi slipped into
an eternal rest.