[Tango-L] open and close embrace

Tango Tango tangotangotango at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 14:48:29 EDT 2007

'Open embrace' is, of course, an oxymoron. The proper term for the posture
is 'dance frame'.

However, 'open embrace' are being used by those who wish to make statements
like 'I dance Argentine Tango' without really having to learn the dance.
-Usually the same people who put Bryan Adams on the stereo and call it
'alternative tango'.

So; if you dance a dance where you utilize a dance frame and dance to pop or
rock, you are not dancing tango.

It's pretty simple, really.

Neil