[Tango-L] Structure of Tango (Was: Four Layers of Tango Learning)

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Sat Jul 21 00:42:26 EDT 2007

 I think Stephen Brown has dug a deep hole for himself and is now struggling to get out. In an earlier post he blithely gave
 'Structure of the Dance' as the 3rd of his 4 Layers of Tango Learning and, now, it's becoming increasingly apparent that
 he has no real idea about what that means. All he can do is refer to other teachers and make a list of some of the more
 common steps and figures that are danced in Tango.

 If he either doesn't understand it or just can't explain it - how can it be such an important element im Learning Tango?

 'Structure of the Dance' sounds like another ploy to overly-complicate the process of learning Tango. It really isn't that
 complicated - just go to class, don't think about it too much and you'll learn how to dance. Leave the theory alone until
 you want to start sounding important on Tango-L.

 Keith, HK

 On Sat Jul 21  4:59 , Stephen.P.Brown at dal.frb.org sent: