[Tango-L] Flaming women at classes

Andrew RYSER SZYMAÑSKI arrabaltango at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 15:51:56 EDT 2007

Sorry, I can't see the sense of this; if, as Cacho
Dante says,
"Guys, to dance tango, you must listen to the heart of
the woman"
 the the man has to adapt to the woman, not the other
[patriarchal] way round. I find I have to dance
differently according to the way my partners move. The
whole purpose of the exercise is to make the most
diabolically useless woman look, & feel, good.

As for Pablo Pugliese, after "experiencing" him on
several occasions in our London, UK, milongas, I can't
help concluding he was speaking for himself. He has
yet to find where the stage finishes and the
dancefloor begins....Like many of the recent spate of
gurus from Bs As who, with their elaborate
circomvoluted spaghetti-junction moves take up so much
space that everybody else on the floor has to give
them a very broad & wide berth. As a consequence, they
do not practically feel the need to develop any
navigational skills, but still find time to preach
about them.

Cheers,

Andy.

http://www.academia-del-tango-argentino.com/html/france/textes/texte4_fr.htm

--- Nina Pesochinsky <nina at earthnet.net> wrote:

> What Pablo's statement meant was that a woman can
> dance with men with
> different skills and she will dance differently.  A
> man, on the other
> hand cannot dance beyond his skills.
>
> Nina
> >
> At 08:56 AM 7/20/2007, Tango Society of Central
> Illinois wrote:
> >On 7/20/07, Nina Pesochinsky
> ><<mailto:nina at earthnet.net>nina at earthnet.net>
> wrote:
> >Pablo Pugliese said in one of his group classes a
> very long time ago
> >that a woman dances with many men, while a man
> always dances with himself.

Andrew W. RYSER SZYMAÑSKI,
23b All Saints Road,
London, W11 1HE,