[Tango-L] A Cautionary Phrase (was: Acrimoniousness)

m i l e s miles at tangobliss.com
Wed Jul 18 15:11:19 EDT 2007

Hi,

After reading everyones responses my post about Acrimoniousness...

"You can tell a fool he's doing a foolish thing, it may not change
anything, but at least the truth is where it needs to be". - Kosh,
Vorlon Ambassador, Babylon 5.

Oh and one thing about list moderation, the list moderator in my
estimation in question isn't doing a good job of list moderation if
they're acting like that.  A good list moderator, shepherds the
conversation and doesn't stifle it!  That's a rare skill and not
everyone is cut out for it, so its wise when starting a list to pick
someone ELSE other than yourself to moderate a list.

Lastly, I find it interesting that you folks took the better portion
of my note and discarded it in favor of focusing on the one thing
that was an after thought, the list moderation.  As a friend of mine
once said, "People are gonna do what they're gonna do, and you can't
change that.  But you can influence them by how you carry yourself."

M i l e s.