[Tango-L] Hidden benefits of the wall

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Tue Jul 17 19:49:54 EDT 2007

And how to control it? What methods can one use to control the amount of
pivot?

Igor

--- ceverett at ceverett.com wrote:

> you want.  There's a practice pattern I learned in my
> first year, that
> has you take one step forward, and then do front ochos of
> 45, 90, 90,
> 135, 225, 270, 270 and 135 degrees -- wash, rinse, repeat
> 15 to 20 times
> a day for 6 months and see how good you get.

Hi Christopher,

Trini, here.  That's a nice exercise.  It might be easier
if one could visualize it like a clock instead of degrees.
So if 12:00 was always the direction your chest was facing,
you'd be at 1:30, 3:00, 3:00, 4:30, 7:30, 7:30, 9:00, 4:30,
correct?

Repeat for backward ochos.  You're right about controlling
foot placement.

Trini de Pittsburgh