[Tango-L] la dulce vita

Jeff Gaynor jjg at jqhome.net
Tue Jul 17 10:57:16 EDT 2007

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) wrote:

>P.S. Don't put too much stock in Keith's "world class"
>ideal. Budwiser beer and Armani suits are both world class
>products. But I'm not ready to abandon Guiness or Zegna.

I brew and vint for a hobby. Budweiser is only world-class in the same
sense the MacDonald's is -- it's a well-run corporation & you can find
it everywhere. Otherwise it is a solidly unremarkable pilsner. Guiness
on the other hand *is* a world-class brew although far to strong for
most folks. [FWIW the unique flavor is because they burn their malt
before brewing.]  The only reason you find it so often is because us
Irish are everywhere. Fortunately as long as there is alcohol we won't
be taking over the world anytime soon... ;o>

Cheers,

Jeff