[Tango-L] Three cheers for the tango inquisition

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 12:11:59 EDT 2007

--- "Chris, UK" <tl2 at chrisjj.com> wrote:

> Well said, Jay. There's no such thing as women's
> technique. All the technique of the woman is the man's
> too.

Not exactly.  Women need to be more a of generalist than a
man does, simply because of what she gets asked to do at a
milonga.  She needs to learn a much wider range of motion
much faster than a man does.  I was reminded of that last
night as I was led to do high boleos and linear boleos
(very well, I should add), even I really don't care for
those things.

The more I learn as a follower, the more impressed I am
with how good the top women in tango must be to handle the
range of styles that they do.

Trini de Pittsburgh